Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Day 24 - What Path Would You Have Taken?

Wouldn't it be nice if someone gave us the roadmap to a perfect life? What would you have done differently? How would your life look if you knew then what you know now? I have been thinking about that a bit lately and this is what I came up with.

I don't have regrets because the life I've lived got me where I am today so I can't say I've wasted my time. I had a very rewarding professional career from which I recently retired. I have a rich, full life with people I love and who love me. I have twice come back from life-threatening experiences, stronger and better off. But there are things I might have done differently. 

If I'd only known...I would have been more fearless
If I'd only known...I would have had more adventures
If I'd only known...I would have found my voice sooner
If I'd only known...I would have had more patience
If I'd only known...I would have said 'I love you' more
If I'd only known...I would have been more involved with what is important to those important to me
If I'd only known...I would have treated my body better
If I'd only known...I would have learned more about nutrition much earlier 
If I'd only known...I would have started my coaching practice as a side hustle much earlier

I'm one of the lucky ones. I finally know what I want to be when I grow up. Not everyone gets the privilege or has the insight but I figured it out for me. It would have been nice to know many years before I got here but then I might not have realized I had arrived. Life happens in divine timing I suppose. We don't necessarily know what that timing is however, until we have the benefit of hindsight. 

I have no complaints and I believe I have lots of time and opportunity to write the ending. But we never really know that, do we? You know...divine timing and all.

As a health coach, I work with women who are facing serious health challenges like heart disease, metabolic syndrome and diabetes or who have been diagnosed as having a precursor to a serious health issue such as high blood pressure, high cholesterol or high blood sugar. I help them make food and lifestyle changes so they can get healthy, live longer and enjoy a fuller, happier, more energetic life. If you would like to have a free consultation about the health challenges you have and the improvements you would like to see in your health, click here to schedule a no strings attached call.


No comments:

Post a Comment