Saturday, July 7, 2018

Let's Have Some Fun

DO YOU LIKE A CHALLENGE?

As I mentioned in previous entries, I am participating in a challenge to post a blog entry every day of the 31 days in July. I find that to be the most effective way for me to move forward in much of what I do. I mean, who doesn't like a good challenge? I not only accept them as assignments to move forward, but I like to use them to spur people toward their healthy lifestyle goals. Today's blog is supposed to discuss what we do for fun in our life or business, so I thought I would give a little glimpse into both.

In my business, I like to challenge my clients to do something that moves them ahead in their pursuit of good health. Sometimes it has nothing to do with what they eat, how they exercise or how much sleep they get. Sometimes it's to empower them to do something they don't expect of themselves...step outside their comfort zone and do something scary. 

I can't tell you how many times people have said to me, "I could never do what you do/did." Of course, I thought the same thing until I realized I didn't have a choice if I was going to stay alive. You don't know how strong you can be until the alternative to being that strong is detrimental to your health and ultimately, your life. 

So I challenge anyone who is reading this entry to do something today, however small, that is uncomfortable and a little scary. If you are an introvert, start up a conversation with a stranger. Try a new recipe with ingredients you never used before. Do a Facebook live video about what you are up to today. It doesn't have to be a long one, just a minute or two. That was my scary monster a few weeks ago and now, I can do it with much more ease than when I started. When you do something outside your comfort zone, you realize you can do what I do/did. And your comfort zone expands.  

In my personal life, I love a good game of Trivial Pursuit. My sister once told me that I have an incredible memory for meaningless facts and I believe she's right. I can pull the answers out of the deep recesses of my mind and I have no idea how they got there. I also might be a little competitive in that area. 

In two weeks, my family and some old friends will get together in Maine for an annual memorial badminton tournament played in honor of my late sister-in-law. It's a day full of good fun, friendly competition and lots of food (lobster rolls...YES!) It's always fun to see whose names will end up on the cheesy wooden trophy each year. The honor usually goes to the young folks but occasionally a seasoned team will make the cut. In any case, I always look forward to the weekend. 

Find a way to challenge yourself and move from your comfort zone. You might surprise yourself and your comfort zone will expand. 

When was the last time you thought about improving your health? How would you like to feel better than you have in years? to not only add years to your life but life to your years? Click here to schedule a complimentary breakthrough session with me.


No comments:

Post a Comment