Thursday, August 22, 2019

Did You Ever Have One Of Those Days?

Did you ever just get up in the morning and feel like things just might not go well? I rarely wake up feeling like that but today I did. I was just "off". It's nothing I could pinpoint but it was just that feeling.

First, I slept longer than I wanted to. I woke up earlier and should have gotten up at that time but I didn't. When I came downstairs, I had some stuff to do like laundry that I just didn't want to do. Usually, laundry doesn't bother me but today it got on my nerves.

Then, I was in search of a document I was sure I had somewhere but I couldn't find anywhere. I had to call the place where I got it and couldn't find anyone who could help me. It's nothing earth-shattering, just a nuisance. So now I have to call back next week when the person who might know what I'm talking about is in.

I also had a couple of unpleasant phone calls that any other day might not bother me quite so much but...today.

And to top the day off, I lost my credit card. I went into a store with it in my hand, paid for my merchandise and came out to the car. The next thing I know, it's missing. I have no idea where it ended up. The store didn't have it and it wasn't in the parking lot.

I had this feeling of anxiety all day. I'm sure part of it is because I've been thinking about my cousin who, you may remember, passed away on Monday. We're attending the funeral Saturday and I'm dreading it.

But here's the thing...I am not going to let a lousy day turn into a lousy week. Even though this might not seem like a bad day for someone else, it was for me. But I looked back on my day and this is what I saw:

  • I maintained my eating plan and my intermittent fasting schedule and I have all week. Another time I might have thrown that right out the window as soon as something went south in my life.   
  • I was not baited by one of the unpleasant phone calls that I might have fallen into the trap of another time.
  • I lost the credit card but I have others and I was able to freeze it with a simple phone call.
  • I went to the gym for the 19th day in a row. Again, I might have used the day as an excuse to not exercise.
I committed publicly to exercise daily and eat according to the plan I laid out for myself and I intend to honor that commitment to the extent I am able to do so. This was one day and it was moderately lousy. It really was more of an internal feeling of uneasiness that I had all day and that may have made it lousy. But here I am at 11:00PM after exhausting myself at the gym and I feel pretty good.

And after all, tomorrow is another day. - Scarlett O'Hara Gone With The Wind

As a health coach, I work with women who are facing serious health challenges like heart disease, metabolic syndrome and diabetes or who have been diagnosed as having a precursor to a serious health issue such as high blood pressure, high cholesterol or high blood sugar. I help them make food and lifestyle changes so they can get healthy, live longer and enjoy a fuller, happier, more energetic life. If you would like to have a free consultation about the health challenges you have and the improvements you would like to see in your health, click here to schedule a no strings attached call.

No comments:

Post a Comment