Wednesday, January 2, 2019

This Is Me...What I Do and Why I Do It


    
  
This is a repost from the first blog challenge I started to participate in. It's still relevant so I am reusing it with some edits and additions.

I am currently involved in a 31 day Ultimate Blog Challenge. The challenge is to write a blog post each day for the month of January and post it.

Using social media for anything other than an occasional post on Facebook and most recently, recording Facebook live videos on my group page, is so far out of my wheelhouse that I can't even imagine it. I am being challenged to tweet and use hashtags.  I am also supposed to comment and share other blog posts, none of which I have much experience doing.

I'm hoping that this blog challenge makes me a better blogger and helps me to navigate this new arena. I attempted to start a blog about two years ago but got overwhelmed with how it all works. Now I have more time to learn about this new world of communication so I'm diving in.

So here I go...

I recently retired from my career of more than 30 years as a tax professional. I am now following my heart and growing my nutritional consulting and health coaching business. I work with people, primarily women, to regain their health and vitality through dietary and lifestyle changes. My clients lose weight, regain their energy and vitality, sleep better and regain their self-confidence. 

I discovered my passion after having successfully dealt with my own health challenges, losing a significant amount of weight and essentially saving my own life.  And now I help other people do the same.

I was recently challenged to record some Facebook live videos at a conference I attended. The first time was a little terrifying but I have done several since then and it gets easier each time. I don't know that I've gotten any better at it but at least I'm not as self-conscious and tongue-tied as when I started.

Join me as I find out how this blog stuff works, and what I am supposed to do with all these hashtags. I hope I can learn how to use this platform and I can teach you a few things about finding your way to and maintaining a healthy lifestyle while I do. If you want to learn more about what I do, please go to my website to schedule a call.

Cheers.   

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on beginning a new career!!! Supporting woman is so powerful and rewarding. Nutrition is the first part of self care so yipee to helping woman find health and beauty through nourishing rightly!! You will be wonderful at it all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Lyn. I love what I do. It's so rewarding to see someone regain their youthful energy and health.

    ReplyDelete